Thursday, October 27, 2016

Me

Still subbing to the Ali Edwards Story Stamp and i was totally all over the 'Me' theme last month. i also had the Story Kit to play with. Warning - lots of selfies ahead! The colours in the Me kit work well with the Posh line from Simple Stories, which is one of my current favourite collections.


i used a card from the kit and paired it with one of the stamps to jot a few current 'right now' facts. Pretty sure i've mentioned before how much i enjoy looking back on these kind of pages that document little snapshots of my life.

i made my own patterned paper by using different inks and repeating the same stamp in a random formation. Currently really into this technique. 


For this layout i used a mix of the Me, Read and Believe kits/stamps. Love how the themes for the kits often cross over so they can be used together. The idea for the page came from a prompt in the Read kit, 'the next chapter'. There's a lot of uncertainty about my future right now, so this is a page about that. In my journaling i've tried to keep things hopeful. 


i went for a classic grid design. And the main design feature is the leftover chipboard from the Me kit that i used to house lots of stamping.


i also made another layout which lists 5 'around here' facts. i included a mix of fun stuff and not so fun stuff, always trying to keep it real. This features a stamp from the Prompts kit and uses the I Am collection from Simple Stories. 


This design is a good way to use up some paper scraps. i used a piece of 6x12 cardstock for the base and glued scraps of paper around the edge. Then i layered another piece of cardstock on top, that was 5.5x11.5

i'm glad to have some snippets of my life in 2016 captured. But additionally the process of scrapbooking some of this stuff is therapeutic and helps me work through my thoughts. i know a lot of people shy away from scrapbooking about themselves, but i wish more people would try it. It's important to have you in your scrapbooks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you have used the stamping on the grid layout.

Meghann Andrew said...

Gah! This kit is so YOU! The photos are gorgeous, and the layouts are stunning. I love everything you've created! I hope you're applying for the AE DT?!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I approve all comments so it will not appear immediately. May your day be filled with sunshine!