Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ahoy Sailors!

So work sent me away on a RYA Start Yachting course and i can honestly say it was one of the worst weekends of my life (and i've had quite a few of those this year). There were force 7 winds (force 8 is a gale) and rain. i think i've got too used to sailing in the med, i'd forgotten what the solent was like. i was seasick (i didn't actually hurl, but i felt like i was going to and frankly i think i would have felt better if i had done), i was freezing (a t-shirt, two jumpers, a fleece and wet-weather gear didn't help either), i was constantly reminded of a part of my life which is sore to think about (which made me grumpy), i was really tired (which added to my grumpyness) and the people around me were having a great time, which meant i couldn't complain! i've been desperate to come home, have a bath and snuggle in bed all weekend. i've never felt so exhausted, battered, bruised, achey and tired. The worst thing about it is i was really looking forward to this weekend, i usually love sailing!

And while i'm in this whiny mood, i'd like to say i'm fed up with war and terrorism. Why can't we all just be friends?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I approve all comments so it will not appear immediately. May your day be filled with sunshine!