Saturday, May 01, 2010

Happy {inter}National Scrapbook Day!

Hello Bloglets,

If you are visiting from Kara's blog (i am super excited to be a sponsor over there this month!) then you probably haven't been here before. So let me tell you a bit about myself... My name is Alexa, i am 27 and i live on the South Coast of England. i like to scrapbook, i have an indecent number of camera's in various format's, i spend most of my time daydreaming and i overuse the phrase 'cool beans'. Please say hello, i would love to meet you!

Ok, so today is National Scrapbook Day. All my non-scrapbookey friends will probably be surprised to hear that we have a whole holiday to celebrate this wonderful hobby, but i think it is awesome.

i mentioned the other day that i discovered scrapbooking through Creative Memories back in 2001 and it turns out that they were the ones who started this holiday! i thought i'd share some of my very first pages so you could all have a giggle! i dare you to do the same, link me up if you do.

My first album was from CM and you had to stick the pages in, what a hassle! Man am i glad to have discovered D Ring albums!



As you can see, stickers were the hottest trend in scrapbooking at the time, if you've been scrapbooking as long as i have then you'll remember. Those circle and oval cutters were popular too. There have been so many advancements since then, digital photography for a start! It makes me cringe a little to look at these now and i wish i had journalled more, but overall they just make me happy. The photos and memories make me smile & that's what matters. Life is full of so many precious moments and people and if you enjoy documenting them in whatever format suits you best then i think that is great!

As it is NSD it would be rude not to scrapbook! So that's what i'm going to be spending the rest of the day doing. There's lot's of fun challenges going on over at Studio Calico. i'll be back later with my shares.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Thanks for the peep into those early pages. And I completely agree..it would be rude not to scrapbook today :)

Coleen said...

Hi Alexa, Love the banners and all your work. I'm following you now. Would you follow on my blog as well? Helps me to remember who to get back to. Blessings, Coleen
http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I approve all comments so it will not appear immediately. May your day be filled with sunshine!