Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend Creative

This week has been busy-ish, with Cajun Dance Party on Wednesday, Ting Tings on Thursday. If there is one saving grace of the British Autumn/Winter it's the number of gigs that are going on. We are super lucky on the south coast to have so many great venues, that most of the major acts come around these parts at some point. i have lots and lots of gigs booked in the next few months.

It was Dvd night at Anna's Friday. Yesterday i scrapped with Michaela before going to she who must not been named's for some SATC action. Today was Love Albert Road day. I should probably explain that this is an annual festival held locally. Way crazy amounts of stuff going on. The Beatles Tribute Band rocked and the sun was out, but the crowds were a little too much for me to cope with on top of everything else thats going on in my head at the moment.



Made these for Ali's Weekend Creative last week. Constructing a page on a grid system works really well for me. You will probably have noticed that a lot of my pages are graphic/linear and i tend to build pages in blocks/with lots of bits of things, quite a lot. Almost like piecing a mosaic together. See here for examples. So this challenge was ideal for me. i have used grid designs previously on my pages and i'm sure it's something i will continually come back to. It's such a simple and easy way of putting a page together and a great way to use up scraps. Here's something similar i did a few months ago(yeah i'm really bad at sharing my pages on here - sorry!).


i recently got a copy of Ali's book Life Artist (finally!) and am totally taken in by it. i also plan to take part in her a week in the life at some point in the next few weeks. This week i am trying to collate photos for this (very very excited about it) and a few other projects i have in mind. i am quite behind on backing up and printing photos so i have a major task on my hands. i have recently uploaded quite a bit to my Flickr account, and added some new sets, which i plan to add some of my older photos to over time. i have been feeling really creative this last week or so and have been lugging my notbook around everywhere, using my time on the train and at lunch wisely. i have come up with sooooo many sketches and page ideas and done lots and lots of journalling. i just have to find the time to get all these pages and mini's done. But it's all good stuff.


A page from this weekend, just to prove that this blogging malarky works for me. It's great for referring to when i need journalling prompts. You may remember this post which prompted the page. It is all about the colour burgandy for me right now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I approve all comments so it will not appear immediately. May your day be filled with sunshine!