Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in the UK and i was fortunate enough to spend the afternoon with my very own mama. We took a picnic to the common and went to the Little Black Dress Exhibition that is currently being exhibited at the City Museum. My mum is the most caring person i know. i inherited my best qualities from her. Except for my curly hair, it's still a mystery where that came from. 

When i saw this sketch over at the Stucio Calico blog based on a layout by the fabulous Emily Pitt's, it screamed 'instax photo' at me. 


And i happened to take a picture of my mum + i this afternoon with my instax camera. i don't think i've ever scrapped a picture the same day i took it before. i used my favourite SC kit ever, Granny's Cupboard for this one, along with some sassafras stickers. i still dig into that kit all the time, i don't ever want it to be finished. It was the most 'me' a kit has ever been. And i'm still in love with that paper from Girl's Paperie (which i am sad to hear will be no more). i'm glad to finally have a page to share with you. i'm working such long shifts at the moment i feel like my life has been put on hold a little bit!

Paper: Girls Paperie, October Afternoon, Die Cuts & lace: K&Co, Alpha Stickers: Sassafras. Baker's twine. 

4 comments:

Sian said...

Lovely page! I'm very sorry to see Girls Paperie go too, such a pity.

Buzzard Girl said...

Love the fact that you scrapped this pic the same day you took it. Very pretty page.
Ive lost my scrapping mojo just recently. I think I have been over complicating things but you LO is so simple its beautiful x
http://buzzardgirl2010.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Lovely LO.
Girls Paperie is going? Sad.
I think I want an instax...

Mandy said...

Love this layout! Beautiful work!Maybe I'll pull that kit out and lift this layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I approve all comments so it will not appear immediately. May your day be filled with sunshine!